Monday, November 7, 2011

Troy Maxson - Samuel L. Jackson

As soon as I read the character of Troy, one actor came to mind: Samuel L Jackson. Samuel L Jackson is an actor who usually plays a very serious character, and would also physically fit Troy’s character, with the exception of his weight. Troy is described as being larger. In Fences, Troy is the main character, with a very solemn attitude. His characters presence portrayed a tense and intimidating sense of atmosphere. Troy is a dominant character, who gets what he wants by intimidating others, claiming a significant figure. I can definitely picture Samuel L Jackson saying these lines: "Like you? Who the hell say I got to like you? Wanna stand up in my face and ask a damn fool ass question like that. Talk about liking somebody. Come here, boy, when I talk to you". Samuel L. Jackson has a deep voice that sounds very controlling, just as Troy's character displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment